Join the creative and energetic Thank God It’s Natural (tgin) Operations Team, and help us further enhance our strong brand. We are a small natural hair business looking to hire a Warehouse Assistant Manager to oversee factory operations. As our Assistant Manager you must be meticulous and extremely detailed oriented, comfortable working in a fast paced environment and capable of multitasking. You will report to the Warehouse manager and help to oversee warehouse processes to ensure smooth flow. You will be responsible for the warehouse when the Warehouse manager is out.
- Adhere to the production schedule and directives.
- Communicate with upper management to meet daily production goals. Your days will involve helping to mix, pack, and label our products to include but not limited to oil and shea butter.
- Assist with keeping the warehouse stocked with materials, break down boxes for recycling, and clean and organize the warehouse at the end of the day.
- Cross-training will also be required in our Shipping Department, as you will back them up in times of heavy shipping, such as: holidays, sales, and events, and any special projects that may arise.
- Shipping tasks include lifting, organizing, assembling and labeling boxes, case-packing products and getting it on the shelf for our wholesale customers.
- Must be comfortable hauling in large material shipments on pallet jacks.
- Oversee each department’s daily clean up at the end of each production day to maintain a safe and clean working environment. You will also be responsible for weekly cleanup of our communal kitchen and production areas.
- Special projects as needed.
- The ability to shift gears quickly.
- Maintains focus, skill, and speed to help the team maintain output goals.
- You must be self-motivated, careful, attentive, and on task at all times in production.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Candidate would ideally be familiar with production and shipping duties.
- You must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
- The ability to stand on your feet between 6 to 7 hours per day.
- As you will be working hands-on with the materials you must be able to tolerate direct contact with fragrance and essential oils.