Thank God It’s Natural (tgin), a manufacturer of natural hair and body products, is seeking interns to become a part of our vibrant Finance division, working on budgeting, planning, and accounting as we expand in retailers such as Target, Ulta, and Walmart. We are seeking sharp, enthusiastic interns who are on top of their game, and looking to learn more about operations, finance, accounting, and HR! This internship is ideal for college juniors/seniors and recent college graduates, who are strong with numbers, and interested in a career in business. Candidates must live in Chicago and come into the office!
- Maintain all vendor files in an easily accessible and consistent manner.
- Verify that all invoices have been properly coded and approved for payment
- Process invoices into the accounts payable system timely and accurately.
- Balance accounts payable to the general ledger on a daily basis.
- Process checks on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure no invoices have been missed and the properties are in good standing with the vendors.
- Maintain critical vendor lists for each property to ensure timely payments.
Administration of W-9s and 1099s
- Maintenance of Certificates of Insurance
- Follows month-end closing schedule including the preparation of the month-end AP reports.
- Prepares Board materials and reports provided to the Corporate/Funds’ Boards of
- Prepares various managerial reports including but not limited to, performance, cash flows, and asset analyses
- Assists with special projects and tasks as assigned
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
- Current student pursuing Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related Business areas
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and multitask.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
You don’t need to be a student, but can get credit if you are
Interested applicants should send cover letters, resume, and a copy of their transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.